Review by stevo123456789

Reviewed: 08/29/05

A Good Game That Could of Been Better

First off I would just like to say that Madden has been one of, if not THE best football game I've ever played and that each year EA has given me something to look forward to, but I will not hesitate to say the game could have been better.

In terms of graphics, I would have to give 06 a 7/10. I would of given it a higher rating, but compared to the graphical jumps Madden has made in the past I don't think Madden is quite up to par as opposed to the previous years. If you look at 04 and 05 you'll see that the graphics were greatly improved. From the players, to the stadiums, to the sky itself, everything seemed to improve to some extent. 06 hasn't improved at all except for the presentation, but that doesn't mean that the graphics are at all bad, because they're not, it's just that I'm sure fans, including myself, would have loved to see an improvement to at least make us believe that we were buying a different game.

With the gameplay, however, I would have to give 06 a 10/10. With the new QB Vision and Precision Passing, this game feels more real than ever, bottom line. I know many people see the Vision as a nuisance, but actually these are the same people who just don't know how to play the game properly because I know any true hardcore fans to the franchise love this new addition because it brings a new level of skill to the game. No longer will a third string bench warmer be able to throw an accurate pass while having their backs turned. I find it so frustrating when someone who obviously doesn't know what their doing, throws a ridiculously ugly pass and it still manages to get to the receiver. Also, I love the new fair play option because it makes the game even more NFL like. Who goes for it on 4th and long when their winning, or kicks an onside kick when their leading by 2 touchdowns.

Also, I would like to add that the new Superstar Mode, even with its flaws, is indeed a great new feature to the franchise that I think will only improve as the years go by. If you ignore the repetitiveness, its actually a pretty decent game mode because it gives gamers a better sense of ones self by adding a player only perspective instead of a team perspective like in Franchise Mode. It's like a personalized version of Franchise Mode. However, it would be nice if there was a reaction for every action. Sure, hiring an agent that could get you a movie role sounds nice, but it doesn't necessarily lead you anywhere and sure, hiring an agent that is a great negotiator sounds great, but what's the point if you can't do nothing with your newly acquired fortune. Basically, it's not so much of a "superstar" mode but more of another version of a franchise mode. Still, Superstar Mode is fun and it is creative so I think we should just give it a chance to see how it improves as the years go on.

Overall, this game is OK and it is worth buying because no matter what, this game is still good enough to keep you playing for a while, but with the minor and yet disappointing flaws its just a good game that could have been better.

Rating:   4.0 - Great

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.