My game is performing terribly, is there any fixes?

1. I just bought this game, new, for $60 from Best Buy, and to say the least, i'm far from satisfied. My game frequently pauses, by frequently I mean every 3 seconds, for medium lengths of time, audio cuts in and out constantly, lag is a problem, going up, or down, on menus pauses the game, saving sometimes crashes the game, advancing in dialogue pauses the game, V.A.T.S. pauses the game.... it just doesn't work. Enemies are glitching through the floor, and Doc Mitchell looks more like the Exorcist than anything else. Is there any patches or manually performed fixes for this, or did I waste my money?

User Info: SageMage01

SageMage01 - 5 years ago
  2. Clarification Request:
    If you know how to put your playstation 3 in safe mode goto repair file system you wont lose anything just fixes corrupted errors on ps3 hard drive i did that i can play fallout 3 and new vegas 12hours no lagg or anything

User Info: StylesV13

StylesV13 - 2 years ago

Answers

1. When you load your save hold down r1 and r2 also hold down r2 and l2 this deletes the temporary cache and prevents lockup and freeze problems , most of the time , let go of the buttons when it starts loading , i hope this helps , it has helped me greatly.

User Info: gameingupdate

gameingupdate - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Hold all four r buttons then realese i mean sorry for the typo

User Info: gameingupdate

gameingupdate - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. Hello friend! If your still experiencing these crashes and what not then I highly suggest you buy the game on PC if possible as the PS3 ports have been known to be the worst of the consoles and it doesn't take much power to run this game on minimal settings anyway!

User Info: sypherhacker55

sypherhacker55 - 4 years ago 0 1
  4. My game has the lag, but not anything else

User Info: killer1whale99

killer1whale99 - 3 years ago 0 0
  5. I have my system set to 480p, I have all auto save functions turned off, I have hardcore mode turned off, my game difficulty is set to easy, turned off true iron sights, not sure if it matters but I do have a solid state drive ( game used to crash alot before setting changes even with solid state drive) and a 7mb save file with almost no crashes running ultimate edition on ps3 used to crash alot now it is pretty stable.

User Info: a_darkstar

a_darkstar - 5 months ago 0 0
  6. I have had the same problem before. if your disk is clean your p.s will need restoring. the game does have a bit of lag but not that much. vats is supposed to pause it. if you want it to freeze less i recommend removing some or all of the auto save settings. after you have cleared your p.s3. if that dosnt work then its your laser conking out so make the most of it.

User Info: SpectreGW

SpectreGW - 3 months ago 0 0