Why is there an option to create a PS2 memory card, if you cannot play PS2 games on a PS3?

1. Topic

User Info: Camboy_89

Camboy_89 - 7 years ago

1. older version of the console (60G) was able to play PS2 games. Newer version cant but sony just never bothered to rid the icon so just ignore it. there was a USB cable that the PS2 memory units could connect to and able the transferring of data to the harddrive

User Info: Cheese_Slurpy

Cheese_Slurpy - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Beause the old version of the ps3 is able to play ps2 games

User Info: decrosis

decrosis - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. It may seem odd that PS3 consoles still let you use the Memory Card Utility to create a virtual PS2 memory card after Sony scrapped the original backwards compatibility with the PS2.

However, this feature has been retained for making backups of game-save data from real memory cards to the PS3's hard drive, in conjunction with a special USB adapter. It just uses the console as a storage device.

User Info: PAL60

PAL60 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. I've read about a device they have patented. It's supposed to restore PS2 compatibility to PS3 slims. I'm not sure about the specifics, nor do I know when or if it will be released. My guess is it might connect to a USB port.

User Info: Jinzo_111887

Jinzo_111887 - 6 years ago 0 0