Review by Ineedcheats7229

Reviewed: 01/31/11

Get ready for maybe the best platformer game yet.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is one of my favorite games now. I love it so much and I wanted to do a review to tell everyone about it. So here we go.

In the Story Mode of LittleBigPlanet 2, you play as Sack Thing who is about to go on a grand adventure. You start out in Da Vinci's Hideout where you will take your test to join the Alliance. The Alliance is a select group of people, led by Larry Da Vinci, spread throughout LittleBigPlanet who team up to defeat the Negativitron. The Negativitron is an evil monster who is bringing disaster to LittleBigPlanet. Once you have passed your test and have officially become a member of the Alliance, you recruit all the other members of the Alliance from every corner of the planet. In the middle of your adventure, an Alliance member, Avalon, is captured by the Negativitron. Sack Thing and the Alliance must then save Avalon. Once that is done, you finish rounding up the Alliance and you confront the Negativitron together. Sack Thing and the Alliance defeat the Negativitron in the end and LittleBigPlanet is saved.

I thought this story was amazing, and the cutscenes with voice acting made it even better. Once you complete the main levels in the story course, you can go back to complete the extra ones and grab all the prize bubbles and collectibles and goodies you missed. Again, the story to this game was incredible and I loved it.

Gameplay/Controls: 8/10
The gameplay for the game is great, but it's definitely not perfect. Simply moving left in right is fine, but your Sack Thing doesn't jump as high as you would think. At first I was disappointed with this, but if you think about it, it brings more limits into the game. This makes you use your imagination even more. And if you still aren't comfortable with the height of your jump, don't worry. You'll get used to it. The vehicles that you use in the game work great. The thing the annoyed me the most was the grapple hook. You can change the length of your grapple by tilting the analog stick up or down, and you can swing by tilting the analog stick left and right. But the analog stick doesn't go strictly in one direction. So you might be swinging right and have the analog stick slightly tilting up. Thus, your line will lose length and your swing will be lost as well. Other than this, the gameplay was very good and I had almost no problems with it.

Another thing about this game I love is the depth to it. Literally. The ability to move in and out of three different layers of the stage adds much more to the game. Of course this feature was included in the first LittleBigPlanet, so nothing new. Just thought I'd mention that.

Of course the graphics aren't real and hardcore. They weren't meant to be. They were meant to be cartoony because it is a cartoony game. The graphics fit the game perfectly. 'Nuff said.

Customization: 10/10
To create your own levels and share them online is a great portion in LittleBigPlanet 2. Just go to your Moon and pick a crater. Customize away. If you aren't knowledgeable about creating your own level, no sweat. There are a bunch of tutorials to teach you everything you need to know. You can shape and rotate and glue and stick and grab and place and size and build and create anything and everything you want. And after all that, put 'em online for everyone to see and play. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Let's just say this. I promised myself if they didn't come out with a third LittleBigPlanet, that I would kill myself.

~Ineedcheats7229

Rating:   4.5 - Outstanding

Product Release: LittleBigPlanet 2 (US, 01/18/11)

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.