Can't find Dogmeat anywhere. Any more tips please?

1. I lost Dogmeat and can't find him. I believe the last time I saw him was when I let Cait become my companion in the Combat Zone. Storyline-wise, I'm at the part where Nick suggests using Dogmeat to track a scent, so I imagine I can't proceed unless I can actually find the dog.

Before these suggestions are offered, I've tried:

- checking all 3 doghouses in Sanctuary Hills. all empty.
    - checking all the roofs in Sanctuary Hills. found Carla stuck up there, but no Dogmeat.
    - building a bell and ringing it. all the other townspeople come, but not Dogmeat.
    - checking his original spawn point at Red Rocket Truck Stop. running all around the area, spending some time there.
    - checking Tenpines Bluff just in case I accidentally sent him there.
    - building bells at Red Rocket and Tenpines Bluff and ringing them.
    - destroying all but one of the doghouses in Sanctuary Hills, which I've moved to a convenient location.
    - building doghouses in Red Rocket and Tenpines Bluff.
    - sleeping for 24 hours (in game).
    - waiting (at least 10 days game time and 9 hours real life time)
    - WALKING from the Combat Zone to Sanctuary Hills to see if I could find him along the way... no luck, although admittedly I don't know which path he took.

I'm playing on PS4 so I can't use any PC console commands. All the answers to finding Dogmeat that I can find online are like "Check the doghouse. Check the other doghouse. Congrats, you found him!"

I've seen some people say there are 4 doghouses in Sanctuary Hills, not 3, but I've combed the place and could not find a 4th. Are there 4? Where are the SPECIFIC locations of all 4 if so?

Are there other obscure tricks anyone can offer, like the one about NPCs getting stuck on the roofs?

If I decided to just give up and move on with my life, am I even able to progress in the story any other way than finding Dogmeat for this quest? The most recent save before I lost him was before I left Vault 111, an IRL week ago.

Thank you for any help that can be offered! I really don't want to lose about 48 hours of gameplay...

User Info: RavyNevyrmore

RavyNevyrmore - 2 months ago

Answers

1. I FINALLY found him... but I am not going to remove this question in case someone else searching this problem in the future is as dumb as I am. He was waiting outside Kellogg's house all along. -_-

User Info: RavyNevyrmore

RavyNevyrmore - 2 months ago 0 0
  2. Most of the time when a character goes missing, its because there involved in an active quest. For me i was trying to find nick so i could bring him to far harbor. Looked forever! Turns out he was waiting in the memory den in goodneighbor!

User Info: ClassicRando

ClassicRando - 1 month ago 0 0
  3. Glad ya found em but if you have the vault tec dlc, you can build a console, that among other things, lets you track any or all companions. Gives you a side quest marker on your map for an easy find. After you found them, go back to a console to disable the tracker if ya wish

User Info: Artef

Artef - 3 weeks ago 0 0
  4. Maybe he flew away in a rocket to see Mormon Jesus

User Info: Q23rout20

Q23rout20 - 3 weeks ago 0 1