Table of Contents
- Version History
- Battle System & Mechanics
- Walkthrough Guidelines
- Prologue: The Beginning
- Chapter 1-1: Fate
- Chapter 1-2: Ruins of Hope
- Chapter 1-3: Your Familiar
- Chapter 1-4: Dixon's Wife
- Chapter 1-5: Rescuing Lumis
- Chapter 1-6: The Ruin Child
- Chapter 1-7: What's going on?
- Chapter 1-8: A Declaration of War
- Chapter 2-1: Experiments
- Chapter 2-2: The Rescuers and Rescuees
- Chapter 2-3: To Fandelcia!
- Chapter 2-4: The Underwater Ruins
- Chapter 2-5: Lost Memories
- Well Dungeon
- Familiar Creation
- Familiar Skills
- Familiar Costumes
- Legal Stuff
Chapter 2-2: The Rescuers and Rescuees
Right now, you should be waking up in a room, and having your first dialogue with Eliza. Head outside after your introduction and you should be greeted by Levan, Eliza's butler.
Now, get acquainted with your friends downstairs and have a chat. After the bad news coming from Chris, there's a few stuff to do:
- First of all, save if you haven't ever since your wake in Eliza's mansion. I mean it.
Head over to Marquelia, southwest from here,
- Head over to the fruit stand and meet Meline, once again.
- The fruit vendor will hand over a Tropical Fruit to you right after
- If you want to join Meline in your party later (Modified Route):
- Go southwest, near the only-house you could find in there and approach Meline
- Key Items > Tropical Fruit > Use
- Head over to the Item shop and see what's going on
- Head towards the docks when you are ready. Now you'll see why I told you to save beforehand.
- I would highly suggest that you train really well before attempting to brave this rather difficult mission.
- Don't forget to buff yourself before entering the battle. Frayne should have at least level 1 Attack Up as you get her. Cast it 3x on Crev and Remus to get the maximized buff - yes, it stacks.
If you plan to train outside, you might want to keep an eye on a few stuff that enemies drop:
- Skilled's Ordeal (Bears) - adds a maximum of +50 attack, depending on the number of kills you have made after equipping it.
- Magic Lv +1 (Vipers, Imps, Garuga) - allows you to cast 1 more level for your spells. Perfect if you're lazy to grind them manually to lv3
Additionally, if you have already acquired Remus's 2nd Limit ability, it would make spellstone farming a lot easier, due to the steal effect.
The shops are also updated (finally), so you might want to have a look
|Hard Leather||1360 Ril||Vulnerary||8 Ril|
|Buff Coat||1780 Ril||Antidote Herb||6 Ril|
|Battle Jacket||2240 Ril||Analepticum||14 Ril|
|Leather Guard||3180 Ril||Nectar||350 Ril|
|Protector Robe||2100 Ril|
It might be wise to bring along a few Nectars, as you would never know when you might actually need them. These revive your units instantly in battle, and since you still have no Raise spell, this will be a perfect alternative.
So, when you're prepared for battle...
|Mission Complete||Wipe the floor before any other reinforcement arrives, (doesn't matter if the captain is still alive or not), timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Clear||Wipe the floor, one or two units slip through and reach the city, timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Passed||Fulfill any condition above with a timer less than 0|
|Mission Fail||3 units slip through and reach the city|
|Recommended Spellstones||Magic Lv +1, Move Up (Crev), Critical Strike|
|Recommended Skills/Knacks/Spells||Knack: Fierce Strike, Spell: Any Lv2 spell|
First thing you should do is enter the docks through the west/top side part of the "plant box" right before you. Also, try not to be late, or else you will find yourself already surrounded by enemy troops, making this mission more difficult to deal with.
The reason for entering from the west is because your very own reinforcements will come from the east. They can handle that much, and you wouldn't want to waste time running an extra mile while in the battlefield, would you?
Your top priority here is to wipe out enemies faster than the reinforcements come, so here's how you should prioritize your actions:
- With Lv3 spells, Frayne will easily OHKO the Soldiers in this battle, however, i advise that you only use this on the Captains
- Focus on taking out the Captains first, as they are the ones healing the rest of the soldiers and make this mission tougher
- If you're around Lv 16, Crev will easily get rid of the Captains with Fierce Strike in 3 hits
- Rush him as quick as possible to any nearby plank and kill enemies he would face in the way
- Remus should also help in dishing out damage on the Captains and Soldiers attacking Crev whenever needed
- Let Frayne pick off the distant Soldiers with Lv2 spells, just enough to barely keep them alive
- This will allow you to easily kill them in single attacks/spells later on
- I would suggest that you ignore the boss, as there is no incentive from killing him other than a mere chance of dropping stones/rings
- It's definitely not worth the trouble if you're already having a hard time
- You could still get Mission Complete without killing him anyway
- The main reason for destroying planks is to prevent scattered enemy reinforcements - this allows you more control over the battle
- Right after Crev destroys one plank, preferrably the closest one to him, just let him cast spells as it would only waste a lot of time having him chase distant enemies around
- Same for Remus, if he's already cleared out the Soldiers approaching the city, start letting him cast spells
- Finish off the remaining Soldiers as quickly as possible with your spells
Baker and his men will be able to handle the east side, with a few support coming from Frayne from the start. This won't be too hard if you follow the tips mentioned above.
After the fight, head over to the castle and speak with the Royal Highness. When you're free to roam the room, speak with Alicia before leaving, this triggers an event necessary to acquire her ending.
Leave Marquelia and head back to Boomtown. From here, you could:
- Talk to Carnos on the 3rd floor for an optional sidequest
- Talk to Eliza to proceed in the story
After doing the above, head back to Marquelia with Eliza and make your way to the item shop. You should find a commotion between Porak and a peddler. To settle this out, tell the peddler to visit Boomtown and make arrangements there.
Talk to Porak tell him about the Letter to Dixon and hear him say that you have to meet someone in Ordinale to find the person who sent these letters. He should also give you a Guild Insignia, which allows you to purchase spellstones from all of Porak's shop branches.
- Hand over Carnos's Letter to him if you have talked to Carnos in the mansion earlier, then speak to Carnos
- I'd suggest grabbing Chemist's Art, if you still don't have one, as the spell Cure is inarguably useful
|Utility Spellstones||Skill Spellstones||Spell Spellstones||Knack Spellstones|
|Fire Protection||75 Ril||ATW Reduction +1||150 Ril||Fire Imbuing||150 Ril||Thunder Imbuing||120 Ril|
|Wind Protection||75 Ril||Ring Slot Up||160 Ril||Ice Imbuing||150 Ril||Luck Up +1||200 Ril|
|Ice Protection||75 Ril||Skill Effect +1||150 Ril||Stone Imbuing||150 Ril||Stun||350 Ril|
|Earth Protection||75 Ril||Skill Lv +1||150 Ril||Wind Imbuing||150 Ril||Ambush Guard||150 Ril|
|Holy Protection||75 Ril||Soul Crusher||150 Ril||Chemist's Art||350 Ril|
|Mind Protection||75 Ril||Mov Up +1||370 Ril|
|Regeneration +1||80 Ril|
|Enemy Magnet||75 Ril|
|Poison Attack||80 Ril|
|Sonic Blade||80 Ril|
You should leave and head back to the mansion now, and find yourself in yet another dramatic scene. Answer however you like. After returning to the mansion, you will tell Remus about the girl you have just seen earlier, then he will bolt out of the room and head to Marquelia.
Once you have fetched Remus, and are prepared for the upcoming journey, save, then head northeast. Just follow the main road until you find a cave entrance.
Chapter 2-3: To Fandelcia!
Enter the cave, and i should warn you that it is a maze. Don't worry, i will be guiding you in detail as much possible.
First off, you may want to get the booty: (this will eventually lead to the exit)
- From the entrance, head EAST
- Take the SOUTHEAST path on the fork, NOT the north. You should now be in a different area
- Find the chest in this area
Spell Doubling +1
- In the previous fork mentioned, take the NORTH path instead. You should now be in a different area
- when you reach another fork, head NORTH, then EAST. You should now be in a different area
- You should find a crossroad, leading to 4 different paths
- Take the SOUTHEAST path, leading you downward. You should now be in a different area
- Open the chest in this area
- Head back to the previously mentioned crossroad, take the NORTHEAST path. You should find a circular pillar in the middle of a fork
- Proceed NORTHEAST
- When you reach the fork, take the LEFT path. Open the chest
- Head back to the fork with a circular pillar. Head SOUTH from here
- Follow the path until you reach a different area
- As soon as you find the fork, head EAST, there should be a small area with a chest
- Head NORTH on the previous fork mentioned in the same area where you found Vulnerary
Summary for heading to the exit:
- From the entrance, head EAST
- Take the NORTH path on the next fork. You should now be in a different area
- When you reach another fork, head NORTH, then EAST. You should now be in a different area
- You should find a crossroad, leading to 4 different paths. Head NORTHEAST
- You should now find a circular pillar in the middle of a fork. Head SOUTH from here. Follow the path until you reach a different area
- As soon as you find the fork, head NORTH, this should lead you to the exit.
Welcome to Ordinale~!
There's just a few stuff to do and acquire in this place, actually. A pitstop, to be exact.
- Dandy Book - near the entrance of the city, there should be bags and crates located just right below you. Search the bags to get one
- Niche Shop - From the shopkeeper's location, look directly north of you, you should find a small alleyway, enter here to get into the next area
- Head to the dead end, and search for the "Hidden" shop
- Talk to the guy beside the shopkeeper, it is important that you do
- From the middle of town, head north, you should find a mansion to your left at the next area
- Go through all the dialogues and see what happens to our beautiful Eliza
- When you're all prepared, you may now continue your journey to Fandelcia
- Make sure to save!
|Utility Spellstones||Spell Spellstones||Knack Spellstones||Skill Spellstones||Goods||Niche|
|Fire Protection||75 Ril||Fire Imbuing||150 Ril||Thunder Imbuing||120 Ril||ATW Reduction +1||150 Ril||Vulnerary||8 Ril||GL Chips Set 1||15 Ril|
|Wind Protection||75 Ril||Ice Imbuing||150 Ril||Luck Up +1||200 Ril||Ring Slot Up||160 Ril||S. Vulnerary||100 Ril||Fairy Tear||1000 Ril|
|Ice Protection||75 Ril||Stone Imbuing||150 Ril||Stun||350 Ril||Skill Effect +1||150 Ril||Antidote Herb||6 Ril|
|Earth Protection||75 Ril||Wind Imbuing||150 Ril||Ambush Guard||150 Ril||Skill Lv +1||150 Ril||Analepticum||14 Ril|
|Holy Protection||75 Ril||Holy Imbuing||120 Ril||Wisdom Blade +1||180 Ril||Soul Crusher||150 Ril||Nectar||350 Ril|
|Mind Protection||75 Ril||Mind Imbuing||120 Ril||Wisdom Armor +1||180 Ril||Mov Up +1||370 Ril|
|Regeneration +1||80 Ril||Chemist's Art||350 Ril||Magic Shield||350 Ril||Critical Strike||350 Ril|
|Enemy Magnet||75 Ril||Mp Cost Down||150 Ril|
|Poison Attack||80 Ril||Meditation +1||350 Ril|
|Sonic Blade||80 Ril|
From here on, there will be no more updates for the Utility Spellstones, so i wouldn't be listing them anymore on stores. What you currently see in this will still be the same as what you'd see until the end. Stock up on Secret Vulneraries, too. They will certainly be very useful.
Now, proceeding with our journey, just follow the main road. If you reach a fork, still head north. Don't bother going east, the road is blocked. Soon after you head north, you shall be ambushed by bounty hunters, and you cannot avoid this one.
|Mission Goal||Defeat All Bandits/Don't let the leader escape|
|Recommended Spellstones||Parry(Crev), Critical Strike, Stun|
This mission can be hard if you don't notice the 5 Bounty Hunters who will ambush you from the south. They may or may not be noticable depending on where you started the battle.
To make things easier, you'll want to block Chris's way. What do I mean by this? Simple! Start the battle by surrounding Chris from the north, east and west with all but Crevanille as shown below.
C being Chris here. The reason you want to do this is to prevent Chris from moving north because you need him to relieve some pressure in the south with his Pierce Strike attack. Blocking him delays him from moving north and once the 5 southern bandits engage, he should Pierce Strike and kill at least 3 of them. Crev supported by Remus and Frayne can easily take on the north hunters while Eliza and Chris can mop up the south.
You might find it quite difficult because Crev will be taking 4 bandit attacks simultaneously, possible stunning him and rendering him from attacking at all. Heal him with items if needed and rush to his aid once the south is cleared. Depending on how many Fierce Strikes you have and your level, this will be a downhill battle. You may want to have Remus support the south instead once the north only has 3 hunters left.
After that rather simplistic battle, proceed and follow the main road. Once you find the crossroad, head west. South path is blocked, and the north path awaits with a battle. You would like to rest and save first, wouldn't you?
You should now be in Klasdahl. Not much to do here, either - another pitstop.
- Ring Slot Up - Head to the east-most house, and search the barrel
- Head to the inn and talk to the little girl named Latika
- Rest and save
|Armor||Goods||Knack Spellstones||Skill Spellstones||Spell Spellstones|
|Battle Jacket||2240 Ril||Vulnerary||8 Ril||Attack Range Up||150 Ril||ATW Reduction +1||150 Ril||Meditation +1||350 Ril|
|Woven Jacket||3200 Ril||Secret Vulnerary||100 Ril||Stun||350 Ril||Critical Strike||350 Ril|
|Chain Jacket||4750 Ril||Antidote Herb||6 Ril||Magic Shield||350 Ril|
|Protector Robe||2100 Ril||Analepticum||14 Ril|
|Fairy Robe||3280 Ril||Nectar||350 Ril|
|Apron Dress||4450 Ril|
When you're ready, head north and introduce yourself to Muntzer, after which, triggers a real battle.
|Mission Complete||Party kills more bandits than Muntzer, timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Clear||Muntzer kills more than your party, timer is 0or above|
|Mission Passed||Fulfilled any condition above, timer less than 0|
|Mission Fail||Prisoner dies|
|Recommended Spellstones||Mov Up, Magic Lv+1, ATW Reduction|
|Recommended Knacks/Skills/Spells||Knacks: Fierce Strike|
Muntzer will those within his reach but he has quite a high ATW value so he won't attack too often, and only once if you are doing what you should do. Also, the victim of his first attack will always be the second person in your formation. With Protect Lv.3, you shouldn't be too worried, even from a critical hit. Healing won't really matter, either, as you do not really need it for this battle. Just move everyone behind the boulder.
- DO NOT, i repeat. DO NOT attempt to attack any bandit until the prisoner is freed by Diana, or else she will be killed
It should be noted that if you want Mission Complete, you shouldn't retreat too far. It's enough to have everyone below Muntzer when he's finally behind the rock as well. Immediately start casting Lv. 3-4 spells once in position. There are 6 Hunters and killing 4 or more grants you Mission Complete.
What you should do first is kill the units attacking Muntzer. This is because Muntzer has a Counter ability, which could potentially OHKO his attackers. After that, you're on your own. Kill as quickly as you can. Preferrably, the one that's farthest to Muntzer so that he wouldn't steal the last-hit.
If you've done the previous Bounty Hunter ambush smoothly, this should go even smoother.
Now that the talking and reconciling is done, follow the path north. You should find the town of Riesel. This is just another one of those pitstops.
- Head to Chris and Muntzer's direction or attempt to leave town to trigger a dialogue between them.
- Leave/Re-enter town or Enter/Leave the inn to trigger yet another dialogue between Chris and Muntzer
- Gather everyone and talk to Chris when you are ready. Save if you want, but there really won't be any battles anytime soon.
When you reach land of white, just follow the path to the west. You shall reach Fandelcia in no time.
Chapter 2-4: The Underwater Ruins
There are really decent armor in this town, so if you have some Ril to spare, you could suit yourself up for the rather difficult missions in the near future.
|Spell Spellstones||Knack Spellstones||Skill Spellstones||Armor||Goods|
|Fire Imbuing||150 Ril||Thunder Imbuing||120 Ril||ATW Reduction +1||150 Ril||Chain Jacket||4750 Ril||Vulnerary||8 Ril|
|Ice Imbuing||150 Ril||Luck Up +1||200 Ril||Ring Slot Up||160 Ril||Metal Jacket||5800 Ril||S. Vulnerary||100 Ril|
|Stone Imbuing||150 Ril||Stun||350 Ril||Skill Effect +1||150 Ril||Mirage Guard||8600 Ril||Antidote Herb||6 Ril|
|Wind Imbuing||150 Ril||Ambush Guard||150 Ril||Skill Lv +1||150 Ril||Fairy Robe||3280 Ril||Analepticum||14 Ril|
|Holy Imbuing||120 Ril||Wisdom Blade +1||180 Ril||Soul Crusher||150 Ril||Earth Robe||5500 Ril||Nectar||350 Ril|
|Mind Imbuing||120 Ril||Wisdom Armor +1||180 Ril||Mov Up +1||370 Ril||Dancing Dress||8450 Ril|
|Chemist's Art||350 Ril||Magic Shield||350 Ril||Critical Strike||350 Ril|
|Revival Art||350 Ril||Attack Range Up||150 Ril|
|Mp Cost Down||150 Ril|
|Meditation +1||350 Ril|
- Vito's Nostrum - Upon entering Fandelcia, you should notice a snowman right at the entrance, search it.
- Crystal - Talk to the boy in the inn then search for the containers (looks like a doghouse, lol) near the Item Shop, near the trees
You should have split up with Eliza and Frayne by now, so just head over to the mansion and reconcile yourself with Bauer and Lumis. You should find another angel on your way out, and collapse yet again. As you wake up and prepare to leave, Bauer should ask you to join Alten Schwart again, but you will be forced to decline no matter what your answer is (Remus will say no). Meet up with Frayne and Eliza back in the Inn, then rest, save, and prepare yourself for battle.
Head east now, until you find an entrance to..well...an underground tunnel.
- BEWARE: there would sometimes be a pack of "Werecats" (6 of them) spawning in this area. If you happen to be underleveled, it is best to just leave the area and re-enter. Werecats are horribly quick, and steal an item once they attack, then leave immediately after they are able to steal something from you. You literally have to kill them faster than they can run to avoid that situation, and trust me, it's difficult when you're underleveled.
On the walls of the ruins, you could read:
- The truth is there, but unseen to thine eyes
- Six crystals will illuminate the way
- To show you where the path to freedom lies
- And guide the worthy back to light of day
Okay, since the ruins can get pretty confusing, I will separate the directions for getting all items and for getting through the ruins.
- Thievery Scroll - From the entrance, go one floor down and head to the north most area
- Mov Up +2- Go down one floor from where thievery scroll wass
Now, for the directions
- From your current location (entrance), head south, and insert the crystal you acquired from Fandelcia
- Head northeast and drop down
- Take the left path to gain another 5 Crystals
- Take the right path, past the staircase BUT DON'T DROP DOWN YET!, go to the end of the pit, then drop down from there
- Insert the crystal in the south wall, drop to the north after
- Once you see the "glass road" check at the opposite side of it, you shall find a socket for another crystal on the wall
- Drop from hole and you should find another socket in the south area
- Head upstairs, stick to the inner wall beside you - follow it
- Don't go south once you reach a fork, just keep on following the inner wall earlier
- CAREFUL NOT TO FALL DOWN!, just before you reach the pit, there should be another socket on the wall before it
- Don't drop down the pit, but head back to the fork instead and now head south
- Go Upstairs, then find another way upstairs
- Fall down in the pit close by, and you should find a socket to your left
Head back to the room with the glass path, walk by pressing square while moving to ensure that you never fall down
Once you reach the end of the glass path, climb your way to the first flight of stairs and you should see a blurry crystal where you could save. SAVE, buff, and prepare for the next guardian fight.
|Mission Complete||Destroy Guardian (Needa), timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Clear||Destroy Guardian (Needa), timer is below 0|
|Recommended Spellstones||ATW Reduction +1, Magic Lv.+1, Spell Doubling +1|
|Recommended Knacks/Spells||Knack: Fierce Strike, Spells: Different Elementals Spells @Lv 3|
With buffs, you would less likely need to heal for this battle. In case you are in need of healing, just use Secret Vulneraries, as they are a lot quicker to use than casting Cure spells. First thing you have to take note of are the color of the orbs around Needa. There are only two of these, and they will not be recreated.
Needa's overall resistance depends on the number of orbs left
- 2 Orbs = 5
- 1 Orb = 4
- 0 Orbs = 1
- Mind is always 6 regardless
- Own element = Absorb
- Opposite element(weakness) = 1
- Red: Ice
- Blue: Fire
- Green: Earth
- Brown: Wind
The colour of the orbs are random and orbs recover some hp when moving positions. That's all you need to know.
Now start the battle by casting 3 different elements, better if you can cast all 4 elemental spells with 4 different characters. Cast them only at level 3, you would want to OHKO the orbs as much as possible. It would only be a waste when they heal it back the moment Needa switches location. When both orbs are destroyed, you can proceed with throwing all of your Fierce Strikes on the guardian when it comes in range.
Don't bother running across the room because it's a waste of time and the Guardian has 1 in all resistances once you kill both orbs. Cast spells if the Guardian is on the other side and immediately (invoke your current spell or cancel it if you must) switch to physical if it gets close. Physical will always be stronger.
When you're done, all that's left to do is escape. Outside, a conversation between your party shall trigger, then you'd be free to roam again. If you had talked to the scientist before, you should find a Red Resonator lying on the floor near the ruin exit. What are you doing? Pick it up.
Follow the main road, and you should find yourself again in Riesel. Head to the shop to restock, then save. There will be yet another battle for you to win.
|Armor||Goods||Spell Spellstones||Knack Spellstones||Skill Spellstones|
|Metal Jacket||5800 Ril||Vulnerary||8 Ril||Magic Lv +1||380 Ril||Knack Lv +1||380 Ril||Critical Strike||350 Ril|
|Dragoon Jacket||12200 Ril||S. Vulnerary||100 Ril||Revival Art||350 Ril||Magic Shield||350 Ril||Mov Up +1||370 Ril|
|Mirage Guard||8600 Ril||Antidote Herb||6 Ril||Nightmare||350 Ril||Stun||350 Ril|
|Earth Robe||5500 Ril||Analepticum||14 Ril||Meditation +1||350 Ril|
|Sage's Robe||9800 Ril||Nectar||350 Ril|
From this list, I'd highly suggest grabbing at least one Nightmare spellstone. The Sleep spell will absolutely be very helpful in almost any battle against soldiers.
Chapter 2-5: Lost Memories
Head south of Riesel once you are ready, and follow the main road until you reach the crossroad. Talk to the guy you come across with for some optional stuff.
When you are ready, and buffed, head west to Klasdahl. I would highly suggest taking the east-side path, as it allows your melee unit to reach the mages more quickly. The mages here are the major threat, after all.
|Mission Complete||Save Mortis, timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Clear||Fail to save Mortis, timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Passed||Fail to save Mortis, timer is below 0|
|Mission Fail||Hien dies|
|Recommended Spellstones||Mov Up, Attack Range Up (Remus)|
|Recommended Knacks/Spells||Knack: Decoy, Spell: Sleep, Lv3 Elemental Spells|
Focus on taking down the Casters and Archers first. Have Frayne and Eliza cast Lv 3 spells while Remus picks off the archers, and Crev takes on the melee. If you have the Sleep spell, you can easily put the casters to sleep with a simple lv1 cast, too. Rendering them harmless for a few seconds.
Heal Mortis whenever his HP drops below 50%. If you have Protect Lv 3, it would be really good to cast it on him, as it makes him more durable and longer to take down. If you just have lv1 or lv2, cast them multiple times to get them to stack. This will make him more durable for the fight. Decoy also helps magnet the attacks of enemies.
Once the Archers and Casters are out, this should be a lot easier. Heal Hien and Mortis (including status effects) if they need it, then proceed to finishing off Cargill. It should make the fight a lot quicker that way. Frayne and Eliza can just spam Cure spells later on to save yourself some healing items since they are not much needed for damage once the Casters and Archers are already out.
If you've successfully saved Mortis, then congratulations. You have just altered Mortis's fate!
Back in the inn, you could rest, save, and talk to Latika - which necessary to alter a special someone's fate later on.
- If you do talk to Latika, allow her to talk about her daddy
Now head inside to Hien's room, which should trigger quite a long conversation. You will learn that Hien is Diana Silverneil's uncle, and that he just lost his memories.
After which, you will be out again. Talk to Diana up north, Eliza in the east, and Frayne in the middle of town, then head back to the inn to hear more from Hien.
When you're done, talk to Latika, again, and help her buy a present for her daddy WITH Silverneil, then let Silverneil be the one to choose her daddy's gift.
Since there is nothing more to do after that, you may leave town and head back to Ordinale. The armor shopkeeper is back in town, but unfortunately, only his shop has updated, so I wouldn't be listing the rest.
|Dragoon Jacket||12200 Ril|
|Mirage Guard||8600 Ril|
|Dragon Guard||15700 Ril|
|Sage's Robe||9800 Ril|
|Mysterious Dress||14900 Ril|
Remember that guy who we talked to when we went here? the one who knows about Dixon's Letter? Speak with him again, he's still beside the shopkeeper. He will tell you to meet up with him in the northeast forest, so head your way there when you're ready. Don't worry, there are no battles anytime soon.
Follow the main road to the north until you find a lake, there should be a huge boulder on the opposite side. Just above the boulder, you should find a secret entrance to the forest in the east. Follow the path east and you should end up in some Ruined Village. Make your way up north until you find the one-and-only undamaged house. Search the bucket for a Fairy Tear before heading in.
Once inside, talk to Maggie. Remember not to select the last choice, or else you wouldn't hear the rest of the story she has to tell. Talk to her again and she will teach your Familiar how to create transgates - "warp points". This will make your travelling a lot faster.
Rest for the night, then head out of the village. You shall meet Pamela and Magnus. Feel free to touch her b... did you just get knocked out? *ahem* anyway, Heading your way back to Ordinale, you will meet Meline and Cynthia, the adorable twins. Make sure to tell Meline your name if you want to have her on your party later.
Make your way back to Ordinale, through the cave, and back to Eliza's Mansion. At the mansion's entrance, you will notice Carnos and his girlfriend, Kate. Show Carnos your Resonators if you want your Familiar's fate changed later, then talk to Kate to learn your first set of Joint Spells, and earn 5x Proof of Friendship spellstones. Finally, you get your first AOE magic list. Make sure to read the manual, or check my other faq for more info about Joint Spells.
As you go into the mansion, you will be prompted by Sydney to choose your location for your first furlough. However, you basically cannot "choose" at this point, since Marquelay is currently.. well... under captivity. Anyway, select Boomtown, SAVE (so you can reload if you messed up in your furlough choices), then have a good night's rest.
This guide will help you get all possible endings before the final furlough (Modified/Original Route).
- 1st Day: Boomtown
- Talk to Eliza on the 3rd floor, choose the choices that show your concern for her, don't say anything stupid or "..." or else she will just send you away.
- Talk to Hien and listen to his words of wisdom
- Talk to Frayne and head into the Museum with her
- 2nd Day: Boomtown
- Talk to Remus, and take him to Mel
- Talk to Hien for yet another share of his wisdom
- Talk to Frayne
Prepare for the next two battles, because it will be quite simultaneous. If anything, leveling up Synchronize (Proof of Friendship) to at least lv 1 is all you really need at this point.
Head to the inn in Marquelia to meet with Alicia and Baker (lol. check out how Baker is ignored right after asking about Hien), then proceed with your battle plan. Head to the east woods fully buffed with Protect and Attack Up cause you will need it. If you don't have Synchronize at level 1 yet, equipping the spellstone will do. This will make the battle a lot faster.
|Mission Complete||Stop all birds, timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Clear||Stop all birds, timer is below 0|
|Mission Passed||One or more birds escape, timer below 0|
|Mission Fail||All birds escape|
|Recommended Spellstones||Mov Up, Spell Doubling, Proof of Frienship, ATW Reduction, Wind Imbuing, Fire Imbuing|
|Recommended Knacks/Spells||Knacks: Fierce Strike, Spells: 2x characters with Lv1 Wind Edge, 2x others with Lv1 Flame Arrow|
This battle is essentially a damage race. If you aren't one or two shotting most enemies, you will be overwhelmed and won't get Mission Complete. If you don't have enough Fierce Strikes to slaught the enemies, you might want to enter the battle with an injured Remus(Under 20% HP) to abuse his Multi-Shot limit.
If you have been really lucky enough earlier to pick up Skilled's Ordeal from bears, use them now (if you have gathered enough kills for them). Wisdom Blades and ATW for alternatives.
With joint spells, this is piece of cake. You can literally stop the birds from your starting point. Cast your spells, let the flame arrow casters wait, then assist the Wind Edge casters when they're finished casting. Target as much birds as possible.
- Remember: The unit with higher int will have a higher magic range, so if you wanna have longer range for a joint spell, do not "assist" with your high-int character. Let the low-int character do the assisting.
When 4 or more birds are out from the joint spells, you can switch Crev, Remus, and Eliza to physical attacks. Don't worry about the birds, Frayne can probably finish them all off with lv 2 spells.
If you have decoy, it will save your other units from being extremely harmed. However, you might want Eliza or Frayne to be attacked at least once or twice to (hopefully) activate their limit ability: Hasten, which extremely quickens their casting time and WT loading speed.
If you're still having problems with physical damage, then you might want to train a bit more, or equip more Wisdom Blades and Critical Strikes.
Once you get that mission dealt with, head back to Marquelia, rest, and SAVE. The next mission could actually end up tougher. I would highly suggest buying some armor for Eliza if you haven't bought her any until this point yet. It would surely help for the next mission. When you are ready, head to the docks and speak with Baker. When you are opted to choose whom to go with, it would be highly suggested to bring Frayne around, you will know why in the strategy part of the next mission.
|Mission Complete||No prisoner dies, timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Clear||One prisoner dies, timer is 0 or above|
|Mission Passed||timer is below 0|
|Mission Fail||All prisoners die|
|Recommended Spellstones||Proof of Friendship (Crev/Frayne), Spell Doubling, Nightmare, Ice Imbuing (Crev), Wind Imbuing (Frayne), Mov Up (Eliza)|
|Recommended Knacks/Spells||Knack: Fierce Strike, Spell: Ice barrage Lv1 (crev), Wind edgeLv1 (Frayne), Sleep Lv2 (Frayne)|
Note: You will have to get Mission Complete in this mission to be able to unlock Alicia's Ending.
With the setup above, you can literally ace this mission without breaking a sweat. Right before you begin the battle, don't forget to buff Crev with Attack Up and Protect. Now, begin the fight with Crev casting Ice Barrage, and Frayne casting Wind Edge.
Once your joint spell is ready, Target the 4 units closest to Crev and Frayne. Afterwards, let Crev proceed with physical attacks. You should be able to easily OHKO them from that point if you use the Fierce strike knack - except for the lv 19 ones.
Then, let Frayne cast Sleep Lv 2. Frayne should put the archers to sleep first, then cast offensive spells on the farthest melee unit. Once Simmons comes in, immediately invoke/cancel your current spell and cast Sleep Lv2 once again. Put whomever goes close to doors to sleep.
When Eliza and Remus appear, make sure that Eliza heads straight into the middle door in the west area - with Mov Up +1 and 210+ MOV, it should be no problem at all. By all means, let her stay on that spot and block all incoming attacks from Simmons. This will prevent him from entering the room, and most importantly, from 2hko'ing the prisoner inside.
Remus should focus on the Healer first, then the Caster, then finally help Eliza deal with Simmons. If Crev is done with the melee units, have him go for Simmons as well. Kill the archers for last.
If you, by any chance do not have any of the said spells/joint spells, you will HAVE to rely on pure damage, so equip all your best damage spellstones. In that case, the order of killing you should go with is: 2x Archers, Commanders, Healer, Caster, Soldiers - whoever goes closest to the doors. You still have to block Simmons with Eliza to ensure the safety of the middle prisoner, though. Additionally, it would be highly suggested to start the mission with Remus and Crev this way.
Make sure to move Crev up enough so he isn't blocking Remus's way or Remus may not be able to reach both Archers. You need to do 125 damage to OHKO them so, depending on your level, you may not need Fierce Strike. From here, your objective is to lure all the enemies closer. Note that killing 4 enemies will trigger Simmon's arrival. You'll want to heavily injure ALL the units while not killing yourself before reaching that 4 kills to make your job easier in part 2. Pierce Strike is a good choice here (if you already have it) since 2 pierce strikes will hit 3 enemies easily and 2HKO all but the Commander. Fierce strike isn't bad, either.
Cure stun immediately if it is inflicted on anyone and try not to get overwhelmed by stalling too long. Kill as quickly as you could, you still have a timer running. The quicker you kill, the less attacks you will have to deal with.
Once Simmon arrives, Frayne's job is to spam Lv 2 or 3 spells. If done right, you have just secured Mission Complete as long as Eliza doesn't die.
Heal Crevan with items then have him kill any remaining Soldiers on the left side. Have Remus kill all the Soldiers on the right side. All hostages are able to take 1 hit aside from the one Simmon planned to attack so plan accordingly if damage is unavoidable. Simmon hits very hard and can inflict Stun, Stone and Poison. Prepare to use items as needed with Remus or Frayne.
From this point onwards, you should focus on: Max Fierce Strike, Spells @Lv 3 or above, Synchronize Lv2 and Sleep Lv2 for your main spellcasters. It will definitely make the future battles a lot easier. Try getting these done as quickly as possible.
Sometimes referred to as the "Bonus Dungeon," and is only accessible by talking to the Well Lady once or twice in given locations and in a specific order
- Fort Izevant (Note: only accessible near the end of the game!)
- Crevanille's/Maggie's Hometown (the ruined town)
- To return there:
- Warp to Ordinale
- Go northeast, and find a large rock/boulder
- Walk above the rock/boulder and you shall go through a hidden area
- Proceed until you find the ruined town
- Boomtown (west annex)
"Note the density of the fluid. The properties of the Familiar will change based on it's thickness. What will you do?"
|Make it thick||++++++|
|Use a balanced amount||++||++||++|
|Make it thin||+++||+++|
"Next step is to regulate the temperature of the fluid. This will also influence the Familiar's properties. What temperature do you want?"
|Heat it to 50 degrees||+||+||+||+||+++||++||++||++|
|Heat it to 40 degrees||+||+||+||++||+++||++||+||++|
|Leave it at room temperature||++||++||+||+++||++||+||++|
"This is needed so that you and your Familiar will synch up with each other. What are you going to use?"
|A strand of hair||++||++|
|Part of a fingernail||++||+||+|
|A drop of blood||+||+++|
"These are your options: a "Red stone," a "Blue Stone," or a "Green stone." I hear they're very pretty."
|Add a Red Stone||+||+||+|
|Add a Blue Stone||+||+|
|Add a Green Stone||+||+||+|
|Don't add any stone|
- The increase from these choices are completely by chance so I would highly suggest that you just add them manually later on
"Of course, a cute girl would be best, right?"
|You know it!||Proceed to Question 1a|
|Eh, girls are problematic||Random|
|Only if she's good in battle||Proceed to Question 1b|
|I really dont care||Random|
"What's your type of girl?"
|Cheerful and talkative||D-PT|
|Cool and composed||D-YN|
|Petite and ditsy||D-RM|
|Serious, skilled, and serene||D-MD|
"What sort are you hoping to get?"
|One with strong physical attacks||D-PT|
|One with a strong physical defense||D-PT|
|One with strong spells||D-YN|
|One with a strong spell defense||D-YN|
|One with strong conversation skills||D-RM|
|Don't care, as long as she's useful||D-MD|
|Lv1||1||2||2||1||2||1||1||2||Enemy Properties can be seen (without Analyze Knack)|
|Lv2||1||3||2||2||2||2||1||2||Able to know whether you can steal or drop from enemies|
|Lv1||3||3||3||2||1||1||2||2||ARP + 1 at the start of a battle (for all party members)|
|Lv2||4||4||4||3||1||1||3||2||ARP + 2 at the start of a battle (for all party members)|
|Lv3||7||7||7||4||2||3||4||3||ARP + 3 at the start of a battle (for all party members)|
|Lv4||8||8||8||5||2||4||5||4||ARP + 4 at the start of a battle (for all party members)|
|Lv5||8||9||9||6||2||4||6||7||ARP + 5 at the start of a battle (for all party members)|
|Lv1||3||2||2||1||2||2||1||2||2% Chance of completely blocking physical attacks|
|Lv2||4||3||2||1||1||3||2||2||4% Chance of completely blocking physical attacks|
|Lv3||5||3||2||1||1||4||3||2||6% Chance of completely blocking physical attacks|
|Lv4||7||4||2||1||1||5||5||4||8% Chance of completely blocking physical attacks|
|Lv5||8||5||4||1||1||6||7||6||10% Chance of completely blocking physical attacks|
|Lv1||2||3||3||1||1||2||1||1||2% Chance of completely blocking magic attacks|
|Lv2||3||3||4||1||2||3||2||1||4% Chance of completely blocking magic attacks|
|Lv3||4||4||5||1||2||4||3||2||6% Chance of completely blocking magic attacks|
|Lv4||5||4||7||1||2||6||7||5||8% Chance of completely blocking magic attacks|
|Lv5||6||8||8||1||2||6||7||6||10% Chance of completely blocking magic attacks|
|Lv1||2||2||2||1||1||2||4||2||2% Chance for Familiar to counterattack phys. attacks. Damage is based on Master's STR|
|Lv2||2||2||2||1||1||2||4||2||4% Chance for Familiar to counterattack phys. attacks. Damage is based on Master's STR|
|Lv3||3||2||2||1||1||3||5||2||6% Chance for Familiar to counterattack phys. attacks. Damage is based on Master's STR|
|Lv4||6||4||3||1||1||6||7||5||8% Chance for Familiar to counterattack phys. attacks. Damage is based on Master's STR|
|Lv5||8||5||4||1||1||8||8||7||10% Chance for Familiar to counterattack phys. attacks. Damage is based on Master's STR|
|Lv1||1||2||2||1||2||1||1||2||You should hear your Familiar talk to herself by pressing the START button|
|Lv3||1||3||2||3||4||1||2||4||(Works for the japanese version, but no sound for the localized version)|
|Lv1||2||2||2||2||2||2||2||2||Allows you to see the affection each comrade feels towards you (Familiar menu)|
|Lv1||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||Allows you to see a summary of your recent adventures (Familiar menu)|
|Lv1||2||3||3||2||3||2||2||3||Familiar gives you a general summary of your personality (Familiar menu)|
|Lv1||1||2||2||2||2||1||2||2||Familiar informs you of how much more treasures are not opened in caves/dungeons (Familiar menu)|
|Lv1||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||Allows your familiar to scout for you before battles (event-activated only). Careful, as enemy casters may detect your Familiar.|
|Lv1||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||Allows you to foresee events and possible character fates you can change (event activated)|
|Lv1||4||2||2||2||2||4||4||2||Receive 3% discount from shops|
|Lv2||5||3||2||3||3||5||5||2||Receive 6% discount from shops|
|Lv3||6||4||3||4||4||6||6||3||Receive 9% discount from shops|
|Lv4||6||6||4||6||6||7||7||4||Receive 12% discount from shops|
|Lv5||8||9||6||8||8||8||8||4||Receive 15% discount from shops|
|Lv1||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||Allows you to view someone's altered fate (Dollhouse Menu). Requires you to save that person before seeing his altered fate.|
|Lv1||---||---||---||---||---||--||---||---||Familiar gains the ability to create transgates (warp points) in various areas (before towns)|
|Lv1||1||5||5||1||5||2||2||5||Skill required to change Regina's Fate and/or Recruit Meline (Modified route)|
- Abilities with no stat requirements are automatically unlocked as you progress through the story
- Access Psyche is automatically unlocked in the Modified Route
- To unlock Access Psyche in the Original Route, you have to acquire the projector (part of the story) and manually learn the skill from there
|Type||How to Acquire|
|Costume A||Primarily given|
|Costume B||Primarily given|
|Costume C||After first Familiar Replacement (event) / Unlocked immediately if you have altered your Familiar's Fate|
|Costume D||Complete Mel's (fruit/accessory vendor in Boomtown) Sidequest (Flier Distribution)|
|Costume E||Fort Leinfaltz Research Lab (during your return/investigation).|
|Costume F||Prison (Laboratory Cell/Room)|
|Costume G||Arena/Colloseum (Boomtown)battle ?|
|Costume H||Talk to the researcher who gave you the dollhouse immediately after creating your Familiar|
|Costume I||Talk to Peyton (Boomtown's Spellstone vendor) then Pocaccha (his Familiar) will tell you about something she threw near the waterfalls|
|Remember the place where you first found Remus? To go there, Head northeast from Boomtown. There should be a cave entrance somewhere.|
|Right before you enter the cave, go through the open path to your right|
|Costume J||Go out with Familiar on your last Furlough|
Huge thanks to:
Forbster (GameFAQs member) who is currently working in collaboration with me for writing up a strategy guide for each and every battle. Would never make such detail without his help.
Ranadiel (GameFAQs member) for the Final Ability and Final Armor completion guide
CareerSoft and Atlus for the game
Gamefaqs's Growlanser IV Community: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/629093-growlanser-wayfarer-of-time
Nogoodnamesnow, Zenpukki, zellrang, and DarkRPGMaster, Forbster, Ranadiel for misc corrections and clarifications
Thank you all, for I wouldn't have been able to write this much without any of you.
Copyrights 2012 Molivious
This may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal or private use. This Guide is only allowed to be distributed through GameFAQS and use of it on any other web site or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
Return to Introduction