My psp will not connect to any internet?

1. I recently bought a psp 1001 off of ebay. It is updated to the latest version and everything, but it wont connect to wifi! My wifi is totally supported but whenever I try and connect I get an error message saying that an error has occurred. Ive tried three different wifi signals from different routers and non of them are working! how do I fix this?

User Info: sparta13372

sparta13372 - 2 months ago

Answers

1. Changing up some settings** in your router might help:
    1) try going for single band. You might find "B+G" or "B/G" when you look into your current settings, so try setting it to "B only." The PSP may be able to connect even if "B+G" or "B/G" are used, though, so consider this your last resort. #2 is the more important bit.
    2) make sure that your security encryption is set to "WEP" or "WPA" and NOT "WPA2." If the router supports "WPA/WPA2," still shoot for the single "WEP" or "WPA."

** - getting access to it varies between ISPs. You might have to google for instructions or call your own ISP.

The psp will sometimes detect and attempt to connect to WPA2s, but yeah, you'll just get an error trying to access it. Also keep in mind that even WPA won't work for some (old/cheap? not sure, the one I used in my experience before was both) routers, so the only option in that situation is to go WEP.

If you're having problems connecting to phones' hotspots, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it.

User Info: Molivious

Molivious - 2 months ago 0 0