How can I get a Rathian spike and a Rathian plate?

1. I am trying to improve my Wyvern Blade Leaf and need a Rathalos spike and a Rathian plate, and I can't figure out how to get them.

User Info: 12bob34

12bob34 - 8 years ago

1. The place where you carve a monster is NOT necessary, G- Ranked Rathian is the easiest way to get the spike and plate, or, troublesome pair in the rewards for capturing(sometimes slaying) Spikes and plates show up.Another is carving the tail of rathian(2% chance) The chances are EXTREMELY low to get these items so you may have to repeat a lot

User Info: LeDragonator

LeDragonator (Expert) - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It's rathian spike not rathalos spike. You can get both of them from the 5* rathian quest at gathering hall. Both of them are rare items. Rathian plate can be got from its tail. So cut the tail off and carve it. The rathian spike could be got from its back. When it's defeaten, try to carve on its back "hump".

Hope this helps.

User Info: toto_crosz

toto_crosz - 8 years ago 0 2
  2. According to Kawakami's guide,

You can only obtain Rathian Spike by carving Rathian's tail or body. For High-Rank Rathian, only the body carves will give you a Rathian Spike.

For Rathian Plate, capturing gives a higher chance than body carves. Carving Rathian's tail gives you a chance to get a plate.

For Elder Rathian, try to break everything you can to get the plate. Then kill or capture it.
    For High-Rank Rathian, don't stress to much over breaking everything, since only the tail will give you the plate. Then kill or capture it.

User Info: YellowZebra

YellowZebra - 8 years ago 1 0
  3. Dont worry that much just go on the g-rank rathian quest its easy to obtain u might be lucky and get a rathian ruby^^ much better

User Info: fatal_tigrex020

fatal_tigrex020 - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. how do i get a RATHALOS TAIL??

User Info: buccatart

buccatart - 8 years ago 0 2
  5. Kill Rathalos......
    Cut his tail off to help get his tail and plates.

User Info: Mushrolem

Mushrolem - 8 years ago 1 0
  6. Spike- Break the wing spikes.

Plate- Go on tail runs (cut off the tail and carve it, thats the easiest way. And btw there is like a 3% chance to get it from the tail. Of course the chance increases with completing the quest. There is a total ammount of 7% on a low ranked/VC quest and a 12% chance on a High Rank quest if you COMPLETE the whole quest(including the tail carve))

Correction- You can NOT get a plate for carving the body.

User Info: manticora5450

manticora5450 - 8 years ago 1 0
  7. ok, I find g-rank rathian quest have a better chance of carving a spike, i still have not got a plate myself but i have like 20 rathian spikes. I get spikes from breaking her face.

User Info: firefly28634

firefly28634 - 8 years ago 0 0
  8. You can get rathian plate only when ur HR3. Cut out rathian's tail and you can get rathian plate

User Info: Immortal_hidan2

Immortal_hidan2 - 8 years ago 1 0
  9. If you are really dying to get it, try golden rathain to get plates n spike+

User Info: Brookskyer

Brookskyer - 8 years ago 1 0
  10. U need to kill it from 5 star gathering hall quest

User Info: igiines

igiines - 8 years ago 0 1
  11. There are two ways to get a plate; either break her face plate (2% drop for the reward screen), or cut off her tail and get it as a carve. I have never carved a plate from her tail but I have gotten the spikes. I know that breaking her face plate rewards a rathain plate, that's how I got mine ;)

User Info: Kyojin_Ichgowa

Kyojin_Ichgowa - 8 years ago 0 0
  12. Cut off all of its scales just to be sure you'll get the spike, cut off its tail and carve it (most of the time you'll just get a Rathian Tail, but if you keep doing it , you'll get a plate), and kill it to win. You might get your items if you pet your pig, but its not for certain. It all gets chosen at random, but this is your better bet to get the items.

User Info: jazzek55

jazzek55 - 8 years ago 0 0
  13. To get Rathian Spike you can fight a Rathian and u might get it as a reward (higher the star and hr the better ur chances, theyre fairly easy to get even in solo).
    To get Rathian plate u need to cut the tail off and u might get it as a reward or carving the tail (again higher the hr the better ur chances).

User Info: _Whistler_

_Whistler_ - 8 years ago 0 0
  14. Well i get rathian spike at hr:3 and hr:6 blue sky pink earth

User Info: Fatalis__Slayer

Fatalis__Slayer - 8 years ago 0 0
  15. For the rathian plate do the download quest Anger of Heaven and Earth.
    Then for the spike I just get them randomly I drill the head with a hammer.
    And I just get them so try breaking the head crest. And cut tail off for plates.

User Info: KyleY5150

KyleY5150 - 8 years ago 0 0
  16. Well my confused friend...... if you want spikes mess up its wings , if you want a plate cut its tail off and you might (but it really hard so you might have to go on runs( where you cut its tail and if you dont get it leave and if you do fight it to death or kill it) like i said you may have to do it a few times so save your game or a alternative is get veggie elder tickets silver and trade them with the balloon guy you see in random levels and like i said YOU MIGHT get them

User Info: gamegriller

gamegriller - 8 years ago 0 0
  17. i've found quite a few just fight the single player quest where you fight both or if you have friends go to the guild hall its not hard to kill those 2 and you have a higher chance of getting one or the other since they are both there and its not just one at a time GL

User Info: Haanzul

Haanzul - 8 years ago 0 0
  18. G-rank is good for that too since you get rarer items anyways

User Info: Haanzul

Haanzul - 8 years ago 0 0