SNES not turning on?

1. No matter which outlet I plug it into, my SNES does not turn on. Can someone tell me what's wrong with the SNES?

User Info: kirbyfan5009

kirbyfan5009 - 5 years ago

1. Do check the power cord like the other poster recommended if that's not the problem:

Sounds like a bad power supply. If you have a volt meter (and know how to use it), you can test the part that plugs into the snes and see if you got consistent voltage.

If the power supply is good, then check the power socket to see if it's been dislodged or loosened. If so, you'll need to get in there with a glue gun (to re-seat the socket) and a soldering iron to reattach broken connections..

Also check for damage on the exterior. Has it been submerged in a liquid while powered on? If it has water damage, you may have a blown component inside the would need to be replaced (wire cutter to remove and then solder a replacement).

User Info: Greyhawk0

Greyhawk0 - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. If it doen't turn on at all then it is bad. It may be possible to fix depending on the problem. Does the power cord look fine? If it is damaged or the contacts are dirty that may keep it from starting.

User Info: bandit_wolf

bandit_wolf - 5 years ago 0 0