Reason why games not made exclusively by Nintendo won't work?
My Super Nintendo will no longer play game carts that were licensed by Nintendo. Rather, it will only play games that Nintendo made exclusively. For instance, it will play Super Mario World, Mario Paint, etc., but it will not play Megaman X or Breath of Fire. Does anyone have any clue why this could be, especially when both Megaman X and Breath of Fire worked fine one day and the next neither would work. I've also tried cleaning them both.
Little_Droogie - 8 years ago
Top Voted Answer
This is a strange problem, and to be honest the only solution I can think of would be to purchase another snes. If you were in the opposite boat and first party titles were the ones not working, I'd say that it had something to do with the lockout chip in that model going haywire and denying everything Nintendo made, but as long as your games all match the same region as your snes I can't see any reason why this should be occuring.
Camden (Expert) - 5 years ago
Note: It is possible that the problem you have may be game play related. For example, if you cannot defeat a particular enemy, or are missing an item you need to complete an area, the problem is likely game play related and there is nothing wrong with your game. Please check gamefaqs game play help for assistance.
If the problem you are experiencing is with just one game, please follow the steps below. If the problem is with all games, please visit the troubleshooting section for the system you have, go here: www.nintendo.com/consumer/index.jsp
1. Check for Unlicensed products. Make sure that you're using only licensed products with your Nintendo system. Unlicensed products are not tested for compatibilty and may not work correctly with all games. Try playing the game without the unlicensed accessory.
2. Insert the Game Pak into the system. The Game Pak label should be facing the front of the machine (or facing up if you are using an original NES).
3. Make sure the Game Pak firmly clicks down into place.
4. Remove all accessories to see if the Game Pak works correctly without the accessory. If the game does work correctly once the accessory is removed, then the game pak and the accessory may not be compatible. Check the game pak instruction manual.
5. Check the instruction manual for the game to see if it requires any special accessories to operate (such as the Super Scope, NES Zapper, SNES Mouse, etc.).
6. Do not blow into your Game Paks or systems. The moisture in your breath can corrode and contaminate the pin connectors.
If these steps do not eliminate the symptoms you're experiencing with your game, it is recommend buying a replacement from a retailer or online auction site that carries older products. For more information, go to the link below.
This was taken from nintendo website.
timo4142 - 8 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.
More Questions from This Game
|Will a nintendo power cartridge work in an american snes?||Answered|
|Super Nintendo Repair phone number?||Answered|
|Best games in SNES?||Answered|
|How many SNES games were released in North America?||Answered|
|Is the super advantage compatible with all snes games? If it is how do I fix a broken one?||Answered|