Do all brands of SD cards work on Wii?

1. I bought a Kodak one a few weeks ago, and it was working great until yesterday, when I kept getting the error message "The Device Inserted In The SD Card Slot Can't Be Used". Is it a problem with the brand, or SD card problem? Help would be appreciated.

User Info: Raichu_ex

Raichu_ex - 8 years ago
    Is there any brand that you guys would recommend to me? Because I would rather not format it >>

User Info: Raichu_ex

Raichu_ex - 8 years ago

1. The Wii is not compatible with SDHC cards (Secure Digital High Capacity), which are generally the cards that are larger than 2GB with "SDHC" on the card. Maybe this could be the issue. If not, Sandisk SD cards are pretty reliable and popular.

User Info: teppy92

teppy92 - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It should work, as long as it is a standard size SD card. I would guess that the problem lies with the card itself, for instance, it may be in the locked position rather than unlocked, which doesn't allow it to be used in that case.

User Info: Ripper22

Ripper22 - 8 years ago 1 0
  2. Consider formatting it. Any camera that accepts SD cards should have this option, or, if you can attach it to your computer, you can format it through there.

Note that formatting it will delete all the files on it. If you can hook it up to your computer and copy any files off of it first, that'd be recommended.
    (Note that I don't have a Wii, so I don't know if your computer can read a Wii's SD card.)

User Info: SheeEttin

SheeEttin - 8 years ago 1 0
  3. In most game stores they sell special Wii SD cards so it works perfectly.

User Info: NickDreadskull

NickDreadskull - 8 years ago 0 1