Can someone help with my Wavebird?

1. My wavebird works on Wii games, but only after i've opened the game with a Wiimote and gone to Disc Channel. The Wavebird doesn't work in the Wii menu or on GC games. Any help?

User Info: Xplodiak

Xplodiak - 8 years ago
    Thing is, it works perfectly for Wii games (Brawl and Mario Kart, as specific examples) but not the GC games. I've changed the batteries and tested (successfully) the Wii games in between GC Failures. And nobody else is using a Wavebird. I've tried multiple channels, and when I push buttons on the Controller, the reciever blinks green when I push the buttins...

User Info: Xplodiak

Xplodiak - 8 years ago
    This may sound stupid, but bare with me. Is it plugged in port 1, or port 4? I have made that mistake before.

Other then that, I honestly have no idea what the problem may be.

User Info: dinobot19

dinobot19 - 8 years ago

1. Only Wii-motes work on the menu because they it is point-and-click activated. As for the games, either make sure you have strong batteries or make sure your Wavebird AND controller reciever are and the same channel. Also, if someone else is using a Wavebird too, make sure you are on different freqeuncies.

User Info: Axel700

Axel700 - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I'm assumming you mean the GCN wavebird.

GCN controllers do not work in the Wii Menu.
    As for the GC games, maybe the batteries are low.

User Info: Ferret75

Ferret75 - 8 years ago 0 1
  2. On the Wii, port 1 is the closest one to you and 4 is in the back.

User Info: Axel700

Axel700 - 8 years ago 0 1