Forbidden Legend Quest: Stuck! Help?

1. I started the quest a LONG time ago. Now, I've basically done all the major quests EXCEPT this one! I would just complete it, but I can't read Daynas Valen's notes! I've tried putting the book back in his body, reading in his inventory, in mine, but it just doesn't continue onto the next objective. The arrow still points to his body even though I've cleared the area.

Only objectives I have so far are the following:
    "Investigate the cryptic message"
    "Investigate the Gouldur legend"
    "Learn the truth from Daynas Valen"
    "Read Daynas Valen's notes"

Is this a bug I can fix or am I just doomed to have it in my active quest list forever?

User Info: DeansBabyImpala

DeansBabyImpala - 6 months ago
    I've only got 2 Gaulder Amulet Fragments and I've killed Mikrul Gauldurson. If you need any more information, please let me know :)

User Info: DeansBabyImpala

DeansBabyImpala - 6 months ago

1. There is a book called "lost legends" that can make you start the quest. If you have 2 amulets, you need the third one. In my very first playthrought, i played a warrior and didn't do the College of Winterhold quest line so i didn't know i needed to start it to get the third one. It's in a place near Winterhold called Saarthal. The door is locked unless you do the quest with the College.

When you got all the amulets, you go to a last dungeon near Markarth in which you have to defeat the 3 sons again (with plenty or draugr backup) so the 3 amulets are fused in one.

BTW: the 3 amulets should be +30 health, +30 stamina and +30 magicka. The magicka one is in Saarthal.

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter (Expert) - 5 months ago 1 0