Why does the game keep telling me unable to read disc ?

1. It says that a lot and I check the disc and theres hardly a scratch HELP!!!

User Info: EagleTalon_x

EagleTalon_x - 8 years ago
    mine doesn't have a single scratch on it. The funniest thing about it is I played it perfectly fine and smooth on the same day and my dad goes into my room and it stops working. VOODOO!!!
    Seriously xbox doesn't provide anything so there is no use asking them. I do not have a SINGLE scratch on my disc (no im serious!) and it's just done this out of nowhere!

User Info: bking89

bking89 - 8 years ago

Answers

1. Make sure its only this game that does it if not you have a hardwear problem and have to call xbox and send it in to get fixed if this is the only game it does it on then your game is dirty or scratched might wanna try renting the game and doing the old switch a roo

User Info: Hydro4Life

Hydro4Life - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. You need to look in the light. I get new games with 30 or so scratches.

User Info: PIEGUY88

PIEGUY88 - 8 years ago 0 1
  3. I've come to realize that Xbox's are very sensitive to dust and other stuff that may damage the DVD drive's laser lens. I suggest you clean it up every once in a while with a cleaning disc =) it really helped me out!

User Info: Pinky_corpse

Pinky_corpse - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. Sometimes there is a small crack in the middle of the game that is barely visible

User Info: gears16

gears16 - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. I had the exact problem that you did. No scratches on the disk whatsover but it still gave me problems. I contacted xbox support and they gave me the tips that saved me a lot of tantrums. Move your xbox away from other major electronic devices and make sure it is well ventilated. Wipe down all the vents of dust and keep them clean. If dust gets in the laser reader than it will cause a lot of problems

User Info: Jonathan11235

Jonathan11235 - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. Same thing happened to me! So, I took my xbox and the game down to the place I purchased it from and turns out, like Pinky_corpse was saying, they explained how Xbox's are VERY sensitive machines. The problem I had was that I had JUST got the game ONE day prior to it breaking and we came to the realization that, even leaving the disc in over night can do damage to the disc. What was going on with my disc was I had left the game in over night and the lasers from the Xbox BURNED my disc. BE CAUTIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope I helped you.

User Info: thekid012344

thekid012344 - 4 years ago 0 0