How do you get surround sound in Modern Warfare 2?

1. Wondering if anyone can help: I just set up my Xbox 360 for 5.1 capability. I've got it hooked up to the TV via HDMI, but since my receiver can't do HDMI, I got the Xbox 360 HDMI connection kit, and hooked the sound from the Xbox 360 up to the receiver via optical cable. Summary: HDMI from Xbox 360 to TV for video, optical cable from Xbox 360 to receiver for audio.

Problem is, there seems to be no surround sound with Modern Warfare 2 (i.e. no sound from rear or center speakers). I doubt this is a connection issue, as 5.1 works fine when I play a DVD through the Xbox 360.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

User Info: joshnl1977

joshnl1977 - 7 years ago
    As I mentioned, it works fine when playing DVDs through the Xbox; so I doubt it's a problem with the receiver.

The problem with running it through the TV is, from my understanding, the vast majority of TVs don't pass a 5.1 signal through their optical outputs (only stereo).

User Info: joshnl1977

joshnl1977 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Check your reciever settings.

And if it helps any, What I did was, I just connected HDMI from my 360 to my tv and ran one optical cable from my tv to my receiver. Which makes anything coming from my tv speakers also be able to go through my surround sound speakers.

User Info: MK_God

MK_God - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. The answer from MK_God is correct. Just run your optical cable from your TV to your receiver instead of running it from you 360.

User Info: jaykay151

jaykay151 - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. Buy a sound system. plug it in. dont play games in loud areas. -problem solved

User Info: ghostrabbit16

ghostrabbit16 - 6 years ago 0 1