Why can't I get into a match?

1. Whenever I go to the live lobby, I go through the normal process of choosing a game type and waiting to find a game. It will go through the 50 games but when it finds on it won't try to connect. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?
    -NAT is open
    -says it is searching as a 50ms ping
    -strong connection
    -playing in team death match b/c it has the most players so it will have the most games
    -whenever I join with my friend I can get into a match with him fine but when I go solo it doesnt work
    -I have done nothing to my firewall or downloaded any updates/add ons
    ***I am finding matches but I can't get into them***

User Info: ikekillsppl

ikekillsppl - 7 years ago
    I have the game downloaded on my hard drive. Would this change anything at all?

User Info: ikekillsppl

ikekillsppl - 7 years ago

Answers

1. the most likely thing (happened to me) is that the disc cracked. this is very common with mw2 (i have a sneaking suspiscion they did it on purpose to get the game bought twice with the same person) as the case button is difficult to press in do you end up cracking the disc. The solution i used was to put it in a game case i never use and put that game in the mw2 case. You can switch the picture if you want.

User Info: darkassasin333

darkassasin333 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Hello,
    General Support: activision.com/support
    Click on the left hand side MW2 360
    Search for: "Cannot connect to an online game"
    The first result should be answer ID: 26659

Follow the tips listed there to allow yourself to connect to online games.

User Info: Th3M0dd3r

Th3M0dd3r - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Iv had that problem before because the disk was just wore out like i had it for about 3 years and it was all messed up and it worked but would'nt let me play so get a new disk or it might be a server problem like Call of duty WOW they just don't keep up and check that server much anymore

User Info: Skyrimfan224

Skyrimfan224 - 2 years ago 0 0
  4. You need a new MW2.

User Info: Alpha117

Alpha117 - 2 years ago 0 0