How do I get used to the Jockey's pounce?

1. The Jockey is probably the most difficult infected I've played as when it comes to landing the primary attack. It's so different from the Hunter's pounce, and I always seem to miss, even when I'm right behind the survivor.

Does anyone have any tips on how to aim the Jockey's pounce? Should I be a certain distance before leaping? Should I predict where they'll be in the next # microseconds? How badly can lag affect my chances of it landing?

User Info: Coppo_68

Coppo_68 - 7 years ago

1. Basically the most i can say is: practice. Just make sure your close enough to them (about 5 ft-ish?) and keep trying. Also try not to think of it as being similar to the hunter because, like you said it's nothing the same. Also lag will destroy you as the jockey so if you have bad connection that might be your problem.

User Info: saturn234

saturn234 (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0

1. Easy. Pounce them at corners, from tops of buildings, and other out of view places. See if that works.

User Info: ellisjunior

ellisjunior - 7 years ago 1 0
  2. I have also heard you can pounce a survivor simply by landing on top of them. If you find yourself getting gunned down a lot then try dropping on top off them, stepping off ledges. Even when it fails (as long as it wasn't TOO high that is) it'll give you a second chance to do a normal pounce attack. Varying your attacks is a good way to keep Survivors from knowing how to defend themselves.

User Info: Gaiko

Gaiko - 7 years ago 1 0
  3. I have personally found that I can do more damage to a full team of players by using the slash attack and then lunging around them to make myself hard to hit.

Some of my friends find it much easier to use the A-button normal jump to land on a survivor instead of the "lunge" ability.

The best advice I can give you as far as using the lunge ability is concerned is to know that it is a VERY different aerial path than the hunter's pounce. It is not simply a smaller hunter pounce. If you want to pounce over something, you need to aim up a little bit, otherwise you will smack into it and look foolish.

One of the biggest problems with using the Jockey's lunge attack is latency. Even a moderate amount of lag will make it incredibly difficult to lunge onto someone who is trying to avoid you. At cases of moderate lag I would suggest lunging randomly in the general direction of your target, not necessarily directly at them, hoping that they will walk into your lunge. Try to anticipate their movement.

The best advice is to try and anticipate your target's movement and try to be one step ahead of them.

User Info: Hawnk54

Hawnk54 - 7 years ago 0 1
  4. The jockey is much like the hunter, but gets about half the distance that the hunter gets, so where you would aim to get the survivor as the hunter would be about half lower with the view, and if you miss the survivor, you are a small target, so move around until your primary bar refills, then try again, although being one of the hardest, the jockey is one of my favorite and best played infected.

User Info: tinyhuge2

tinyhuge2 - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Oh, and yes, but i have a slow connection at times so I've learned to play with my lag, if it's choppy lag, then still do it, but depending on how bad the lag is, is what you want to use to determine how early you press it before you do it, if it's lag that it keeps pushing you back, and then forward, then do it when it blinks you back to where you were

User Info: tinyhuge2

tinyhuge2 - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. The easiest way is to attack from on top of a roof,bus fence,or anything that is elevated. When attacking up close aim above their head. so when you jump you will be above them and most likely land on them.

User Info: macj95

macj95 - 7 years ago 0 1
  7. Try aiming at their heads. Your low down and your leap is weak compared to the Hunter (who practically glides when leaping) so you need to be pointing up a bit.. A good way to learn the distance you need to be, asides from just practising, is to watch what the AI do. They're not inventive but they don't miss all that often. Do try varying where you attack from. If you're constantly running along the flat towards them then you'll get noticed too easily. Try off rooftops, hiding round corners and so on. Lag can affect your chances, same as with anything else. Just make the leap and be prepared to make your escape/2nd attack if it doesn't work.

User Info: Gaiko

Gaiko - 7 years ago 0 0