Earning Credits in Splitscreen Firefight?

1. I've got a gold subs, my brother's account doesn't. We play splitscreen Firefight, and when it's over, no matter how long we play for or what difficulty we play on, he gets at least 800 credits and I get exactly 40 every time. And this is more than me not turning on skulls (which I don't know how to do; could someone tell me? Not the custom skulls to customize the Spartans' base traits, I mean Iron and Catch and Blackeye and those ones). So does anyone know why I'm barely getting any credits?

User Info: Kaiser_Tristank

Kaiser_Tristank - 7 years ago
    Is there a quick way to set custom skulls back to default? And btw, I kill more enemies than my brother. The problem is that there's no correlation between the number of points I earn and the number of credits I get at the end.

User Info: Kaiser_Tristank

Kaiser_Tristank - 7 years ago

1. Live accounts gain very little for custom games (ie, picking Firefight from the main menu). You'll gain a little based on time played, but no commendation progress. The only way to get decent payouts on a Live account is via Matchmaking.

Non-live accounts can't do matchmaking, so get credits from custom gametypes.

Unfortunately, there's no game mode where both you and your brother would be able to get the "full" credits from playing.

User Info: wheelman1066

wheelman1066 - 7 years ago 1 0

1. It depends on how many enemies your killing, if your brother kills the majority, he'll get mire credits than you. If you want to turn the regular skulls on, go to firefight settings, then round 1,2, or 3 settings, select skulls, and whichever ones you turn on will be activated in that round. Say you turn on Famine for round one, it'll trigger in round 1, you put on famine and black eye for round 2, they'll both be activated in round 2 etc. You can also make skulls deactivate the next round if you wanted to, or make a ridiculous custom skull to make your Spartan a GOD or make the enemy blasphemous DEMONS!!!! Either to get the achievements for firefight, or to invite your friends over on Live and watch them suffer respectively. Although, custom skulls do basically get rid of any possible commendations, (at least if they're helping you, I'm not sure if they take away commendations if they hurt you.) so you might want to check if any are turned on in your settings. Either way, I hope this helps your understanding of the skulls and credits of firefight.

User Info: oneyoshi79

oneyoshi79 - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. I have this same problem. Last firefight I played at my friends house I got 40 and he got about 800 or so, even though I killed far more enemies.

User Info: Neoncamouflage

Neoncamouflage (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Its because you need a Gold XBOX LIVE membership first. Then you earn much more points at firefight at Matchmaking. (Dont select firefight from the main menu, select it from the playlists in matchmaking menu).

User Info: HUNTERCRUX

HUNTERCRUX - 7 years ago 0 2
  4. its all about Offline and Online characters. If you go online with your Spartan your offline life is ruined. Firefight gives me 60cR and forge 50cR, before i turned my Offline Spartan into an Online one (i did the campaign while disconnected then logged into Live after earning loads of cR) i could earn credits in forge and firefight. when i connected to Live i was forced to lose my pool of 17000cR from the Campaign stuff i did and now its an Online Spartan, i no longer gain cR for anything other than Matchmaking or Campaign.

kind of stupid as it comes with a 2 day Gold trial that ruins your chances of unlocks unless you sign up to Gold once it expires.

My friend AFK'd himself to 2mil cR and unlocked inclement weather before going online, now i have to spend ages getting it... GRRR.

this is to stop people "boosting" their way to Captain or w/e, but it ruins it for people who like to play offline.
    does anyone actually care if i AFK my way up the levels? its not like the unlocks will change anything for anyone else.
    plus Assist Boosting seems to be the new thing anyway.

User Info: GaMeR_JeNn

GaMeR_JeNn - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. The reason why your brother is getting more is because bungie put in the game that people with offline acounts get more credits for each game because they wanted them to be able to get all the armors as well since they couldn't go on matchmaking to get credits

User Info: COPY_BASS

COPY_BASS - 7 years ago 0 0